Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm a Stalker

A few nights ago we were at eating dinner at restaraunt we really like. Our waitress was friendly and very sweet to Piper. Throughout dinner Pip would strike up little conversations with her. At the end of dinner, Pip asked her if she had brothers or kids (can't remember) then asked to go to her house (that's soo Pip, she is so friendly). The waitress laughed then said she had two young boys. As she walked away, I realized that I thought I had seen her blog before. I asked her quickly, "Excuse me, do you have a blog?" She looked a little startled and said yes. I described a picture I had seen on it and a post I'd read. She confirmed it was hers while still looking a tad startled. Paul and I started laughing as we both realized I sounded like a stalker. I told her I wasn't but it didn't look like she believed me.

Anyway, Paul, Hunter, Keith and Misty teased me on the way home that I probably freaked the poor girl out so that after work she would go home and delete her blog. They wanted to pull it up when we got home but the funny thing was that I had no idea what her blog name was. It was about 6 months ago that I saw it and I only ran across it by chance at the time. Yesterday my sister in law google'd her, her boys' names plus las vegas and lo and behold, her blog popped up. Now THAT is stalker'ish and scary at the same time how easy it was to find her info. I didn't have a chance to look at it until this morning and sure nuf, she posted a story about me (the stalker!). Luckily she was a good sport and said she wasn't freaked out which was good because I actually felt a little bad that night when we left. I mean really, it's one thing to have a blog but quite another to have a stranger approach you about it. Luckily I (the stalker) was with my family so I'm pretty sure I didn't look threatening!

The most hysterical thing of all of this is that I have the world's shortest memory. My family can totally attest to this. The fact that I even recognized her was so ironic.

Out of respect to her (and since I'm not a stalker :) I won't link this post to her blog. I left a comment on her post about me so if she chooses to comment on mine, you can learn more about her.

Waitress, if you're reading this, thanks for the great service that night and for being a good sport about the whole thing! Nice to meet ya! :-)

Stalker Out!

No comments:


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites