Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cancun- 2nd Day

Leonard, Dee and Me on the Island of Women

It's check in day for the employees so I decide to go to Isla Mujeres to shop. This is a small island about 25 minutes off the coast by ferry. I'm ferry-bound to the island trying not to throw up (i always get seasick, it's so annoying) when I start talking to another couple on the boat. We hit it off and they offer to share their golf cart rental with me so we can explore the island.


Me on the back of the golf cart Me getting nervous about that taxi zooming up on us.


After 2 hours of driving at 5 miles an hour around the island and finally introducing ourselves officially (haha!) we decide to shop. This couple, Dee and Leonard, are fabulous and lots of fun. After we figure out where the golf cart rental is, which was quite the adventure on tons of one way streets, we shop, talk, shop more and just wander around and have fun until we take the ferry back. I'm fighting the vomit monster again while pretending I'm fine. Leonard offers to switch seats with me since he's by a window but if I move I'll loose it so I keep pretending I'm fine.

We share a taxi, I drop them off at their hotel, big hugs, exchanging email addresses, etc and I'm off. They were a blast and made my day trip even more fun. Ok Leonard and Dee, if you're reading this, I expect a comment from you (I gave them the low-down on blogs and warned them I'd be writing about them).


Back at the hotel - I rush to shower and change for the welcome dinner. All the employees have been checked in and the hubby is back up in the room getting ready. Some pics of him welcoming everyone at the welcome dinner. I'm sitting there smiling but all I could think of was how hot he looked.

The hub welcoming the crowd.

The crowd and our first of many fabulous sunsets of the week.




After dinner everyone scatters and the hubby and I go to Senor Frogs and dance, drink margaritas and have fun. At least we had fun until the dj asked if the class of 2008 (it was Grad Week which is another manufactured Cancun holiday to get kids down there to spend spend spend) was having fun. Paul and I look at each other and both immediately calculate how many years it's been since we graduated high school, 21 for me, 30 for him. I realize that the kids dancing around us are about our oldest son's age (18), then see some chaperones hanging in the back who look to be OUR age. We decide it's time to go. That's the fun thing about the hubby and me. We still think we're teenagers....no seriously, sometimes we do.



Back to the hotel. It's been a long day and we're beat.

2 comments:

Weith Kick said...

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "I caught you a delicious bass."

Dee said...

Hi Robin - Your blog is well worth reading. Your personality shows in your writing. You made our trip to the island well worth taking because we not only had fun, but made a friend too! By the way, you have a wonderful looking family! Leonard and Dee
PS - Let's keep in touch!


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites