Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Robin vs. Baxter

BANG, THUD, SCRATCH, SCRATCH!!!

Robin: Baxter! No! Stop scratching on my door!

Silence...then BANG,BANG,BANG!!!

Robin: Opening the door Baxter, stop it! Shuts door.

Silence..then BANG BANG!!! SCRATCH SCRATCH SCRATCH!!!!!!

Robin: Opening the door again Baxter! Stop! I've fed you, walked you, played with you..You know I don't want your dog hair in our room so you're not coming in! Slight thump on the nose and Slam!

Silence...then....HOWLLLLLLL, HOWLLLLLLLLLLL, AWWROOOOOO! BANG, BANG, BANG !!!!!

Robin: F*&k !!!! Baxter, Daddy is allergic to your stupid hair so stay out!

Baxter: I challenge you to a staring contest mom. Whoever blinks first wins. If I win, I'm in your room back behind my favorite chair, if you win, I'm out and won't get you up tonight at 3am to go pee.

The Stink Eyes begin....and go and go and go...Mom wins! SLAM!




Blissful silence for about 10 minutes then SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF...SCRATCH, SCRATCH!! LEMME IN NOW MOM OR I'M GOING TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH! I KNOW YOU WON'T LIKE THAT!

In a rare moment of weakness, Mom gives up. Baxter and Daisy (who is the good dog who never causes problems) are in the room. Mom goes back to her studio to blog about her dumb dog, goes to sit down, misses the chair, falls into some shelves and gets up pissed convinced that it's Baxter's fault.

3 comments:

Trooper Thorn said...

We always loose, not because of patience or intelligence, but because the dogs have nothing else to focus on all day but getting the handful of things they want. They hone those skills like a dedicated student of martial arts until they are masters.

Dogs may not be able to drive, score music, write code, build bridges etc. but they do know how to mooch food, get out of the yard and weasel their way onto the bed.

Thank God they can't talk.

Weith Kick said...

Sounds like Baxter is the leader of the pack.

dani said...

puppy-doggers!!! they certainly know how to work us, eh??? robin, baxter is too cute:b
love,
dani


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites