Monday, September 15, 2008

Yo Google, You SUCK!

My blogroll disappeared. Fudge. I don't know if this coincided with my recent template change. BTW, glad y'all loved it. It was a major feat that it was finished. I don't think the gals at Blogalicious knew what they were getting into when they started on my design. It took awhile to get on the same page but in the end, the design turned out totally fab.


So anyway, I have had to re-create my blogroll..this is where google comes in. I have avoided Google reader like the plague. I know a ton of bloggers use it but in a nutshell, I hate it.

Conceptually, Google reader is a good idea BUT..I love actually going to the blog I'm reading so I can see the colors, font styles, and other weally pwetty things....YES I am SO a kindegartner like that.


Plus, I AM NOSY. Isn't this right..mom? dad? keith? paul? jake? hunter? SO nosy that I love reading other peoples' comments. I've found some of my fave blogs by doing this. Can't do it in Google.

The entire day and a half I used my Google reader, I felt like I was missing something. It just wasn't the same experience as actually reading from someone else's blog. Maybe it's not cool not use a reader but really, if you know me, you know I don't care what most people think.

I really do wish Google had a better reader cuz if they did, I'd use it. I actually don't like using the blogger blogroll thing. I have to keep going back and forth from my blog to the next one I want to read which is a pain and probably totally inflates my stats. Yes, I am hard to please.

The only good thing is that I was able to import the blogs I did have in Google back into my blogroll. That was convenient.

So I think I may have most of the ones I read back but if I missed one, lemme know.

So anyway, that's it.

ps. Google Analytics suck brick too. Thanks for nuthin..Although the map colors are weally pwetty...

7 comments:

Weith Kick said...

Whatever you do, don't lose my blog. I'm the best of them all. Boner!

Oh, and yeah, I like your new look. It's cool. Boner!

Weith Kick said...

Oh, and don't be mad that I wrote about your pimples on my blog. I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have wrote about it. But I figured since you wrote about your pimples I could write about your pimples. BTW, why were you mad at Paul in one of your previous blog entries.

scargosun said...

That's why I put the list on my dashboard instead of keeping the huge list on my blog. Blog looks great though!

Anonymous said...

I love my Google Reader. There are lots of blogs I subscribe to purely for work-related purposes. I want the content but I don't need the commenting that much. Plus, if I feel like it I can click through to read the post. But honestly, even some of my friends... if they don't publish a full feed I may end up skipping something on their site because I run out of time to read EVERYTHING! Maybe I'm just a jerk...

dani said...

robin, i don't care for reader either; and i lost my blog roll when i was messing around with the idea of a new template, too!!!
i have already said it; but your new look is awesome, ha, or as your brother says, "boner"!!!
love,
dani

Kelly said...

I also like your new look...you chose a great layout!!

I started using Google reader before people started taking restraining orders out against me for stalking them (checking back in all day everyday for new posts). You just made me realize that I use Google reader wrong...I see who has posted a new entry then click on the title to go right to the source...
Keep us informed if you find anything better!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I use Bloglines instead of Google reader. I like it a lot, and I can (and do) click over to actually see the blog whenever I want to.


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites