Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yeah, Cuz Falling Always Makes Me Feel Better

Thanks for the bloggy love, everyone. :-) So much more I could say but..thanks so much. I appreciate it more than you know.

The strangest thing happened today. I can't quite explain why...but it made me feel so much better.

I ate it in a pile of dirt. at church. in high wedgy heels. while carrying my daughter.

We park on a street behind our church so we don't have to deal with the after church parking lot chaos. The street is paved but either side is still full of tons of clumpy dirt.

After I got Pip out of her carseat, I shut the door and started walking. I stepped on a rock and started wobbling...and wobbling..and stumbling...

then I said..."$#@! %$#@!"...and fell into this strange pretzel like position...on my butt with my right leg folded under me and my left in a weird angle with my ankle bent.

I went straight down so Pip wasn't hurt. After a moment of shock, I started laughing and saying "ow! ow! ow!" Hunter saw it happen and started laughing.. Paul ran over to the my side, saw me and Pip in the dirt and started laughing. He took Pip from me then he and Hunter each took one of my hands and pulled me up.

Then Pip started laughing.."Mommy biffed it! Mommy ate it! hahahaha! She fell on her butt!"
Paul and Hunter could not stop laughing.

"This is going down in family lore!"
"Hahaha, you're never gonna live this down!"
"Haha, mommy has dirt all over her pants and her butt!"
"Look at her purse! Hahahahaha!"
"Mom, I can't believe you swore in front of us! AND AT CHURCH! Bahahaha!"

Giggling, I wiped off my butt, legs, and purse then limped to church...During the service, Paul looked down at my left foot and started snickering. I looked down. All my toes were covered in dirt. I smiled.

I didn't even wipe it off.

We laughed about it for the rest of the day. We are laughing about it right now actually.

My toes and my ankle still hurt.

14 comments:

dani said...

whatever it takes, huh, robin!!!
love,
dani

Weith Kick said...

I just read your entry about the bedroom door window crash. I left a comment.

Biscuit said...

Good for you for leaving the dirt on your toes. That is a memory (you falling and swearing at church) they will cherish forever. Way to go down in family history! : )

Just Lisa said...

hee hee hee... you really are quite clumsy, aren't you??? We need to do something about that!

Robin said...

Geez Keith - It took you THIS long to read THAT post and THAT is all you write? I'm soo disappointed..

Pat said...

Robin you guys always have so much fun....so much at your expense...How are you feeling by today?

Pat said...

Robin you guys always have so much fun....so much at your expense...How are you feeling by today?

Robin said...

Pat- much better thanks :-) That fall was exactly what I needed, I guess, hahaha! you know, you're right..my family does get a lot of laughs at my expense, huh... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally crcking up right now! I laugh uncontrollably when people fall. Even myself. You limped to church with dirt on your butt!!!hahahahahahaha....

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! My kids love it when I do anything embarrassing and they never let me forget about it. And they think it's a riot when I slip up and swear in front of them... once I yelled the Big Kahoona while we were eating dinner and Rye started choking on a piece of steak. They still talk about it.

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in an awkward phase in your development. I hope you get out of it soon.

Wack Jick

Barbara said...

Awww, I'm sorry your over there hurting, but, um...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good thing you weren't in the actual church parking lot. The church folks might of heard ya.

Anonymous said...

Ha...if family can't laugh at you being all clumsy, who can??!

Just caught up....sorry I was missing from your last post. You know you have my good thoughts, girl...

Lisa Petrarca said...

That's sooo funny! That sounds like something that would happen to me!

Sorry to say that people falling, tripping, or getting scared is my FAVORITE thing to see. It just cracks me up! Sorry I missed the visual...LOL, jk.


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites