Monday, July 21, 2008

I Want You To Want Me...

Friday night the hub and I went and saw Cheap Trick, Heart, and Journey at Mandalay Bay. Journey is one of my favorite bands ever so I was a little uneasy seeing them without Steve Perry. Apparently a Phillipino guy is now the lead singer. More to that in a bit. I was wearing my I Want You To Want Me (my favorite Cheap Trick song) I bought at the Hard Rock in Cancun specifically for this concert. I'd post the pic of me in it but it turned out blurry and crappy. The band did not disappoint. Neither did Heart. The Wilson sisters still ROCK and sound exactly the same as they did in their heyday.

As the lights went down and the concert started, the hub started smelling mowie wowie somewhere around us. Sure nuf, in the same row as us, there was a bunch of teenagers sparkin up some doobage. Pretty soon, a guy in the row in front of us (who was OUR AGE) asks them for a hit. They oblige. Between bands, the cops appear looking for the culprits. It was funny watching them get so paranoid.

Anyway, Journey ROCKED. It was freaky how much the lead singer sounded like Steve Perry but he ended up to be really good. Seeing Jonathan Cain and Neil Schon on stage was amazing. I had such a crush on Jonathan in the 80's, I started acting like a crazed teenager when he came out on the stage much to hub's amusement. I even broke out the arm in the air move with the pinkie, index and thumb out move rockin to the music..Yeah! That's how I roll!!!!

Side note - You know you're in the 21st century when people are holding up their cell phones instead of lighters..

The funniest thing was a bunch of guys in the various rows below us who didn't know each other at the beginning of the concert. By the end of the night, they were all playing air guitar and drums, slapping hands, hugging each other, and I think maybe falling in love...?

4 comments:

Swirl Girl said...

Love all three groups and their songs are some of the best EVER!

I woulda asked the kids with the hooch to slide it over my way, too!
(wink, wink)
The cell phone instead of the lighter is a classic look at the new millenia!

dani said...

katherine and her bff hannah tried all weekend to remember the 80's band who has a new lead, asian singer??? i cannot believe you wrote about it being journey!!! hannah was sure the band's name began with an "f". foreigner was the only one i could think... now i can tell them:b
robin, it sounds like it was a great concert. WOW!!! soooooo, happy you had a good time:D
love,
dani

Weith Kick said...

Journey SUCKS my ball sac.

Weith Kick said...

Someday love will find you! Break those chains that bind you!


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites