Monday, July 14, 2008

Viva Mexico!

I found my camera cord!

Mexico was fab as usual. We had tons of fun swimming, running around the beach, riding the banana boats and eating yummy mangos. I actually didn't take many pictures because I was in the water a lot but the ones I got were classic. I only wish our oldest Jake could come with us but alas, now he is an adult and had to work..We missed you Jakey!


If you don't know what a banana boat is, here you go:


This is off the web but is the same thing we rode. Imagine a choppy ocean, a crazy boat driver, and screaming people getting bounced off left and right. Did I mention that my son made me ride this about 4 times? and with the hub twice? and with an unusually high number of jellifish this season?

And now you may not question why I drank so many margaritas.

A not so happy jellifish victim. Yes, windex is the antiseptic of choice to kill the sting. That or vodka..NO LIE. Now I will brag about my sweet and sensitive son. After getting stung and me hauling him out of the ocean, he tells me, "See mom, I promised you that you wouldn't get stung. I am glad it was me and not you. I'd never want you to get stung."

Next, the mangos. Whenever we saw our mango dude walking, it was a mad dash down to the beach. Yummy on a stick. First, our fave beach vendor would pull out a whole fresh mango from his cooler, jab it onto a large popsicle type stick, peel it lickety split, carve the sides so it looked like a flower, then sprinkle salt, drench it with chili powder, and squeeze half of a fresh key lime over it. Voila! Hunter and I ate one every day. He had his plain with just the lime juice while I had it with everything including extra chili powder..One day I was eating mine when Hunter looked at me and said that I looked like I had just eaten someone because I had flaming red chili powder all over my mouth.

Speaking of mangos, one of the security guards yelled at me about eating my mango while sticking my feet in the pool then he kept questioning me on which condo we owned, like we didn't really own one there. My first instinct was to throw my mango at him and tell him that since our hoa fees paid his salary he should drop to his knees, rub some sunblock on my hairy back then kiss my stinky feet that we're providing his family with tortillas, frioles, and cervesa. I can say this because I'm Hispanic. But being the rational (geez, I laugh at myself sometimes) mom I am, I said "Los Cientos", which means I'm sorry, because the kids were right next to me. I often pray for forgiveness for thinking mean thoughts like these because I really do feel guilty for thinking them. I know he was just doing his job but he wasn't too friendly durn it. The hub had a hysterical stare down with him later though which made me laugh. My man always has my back ;-)

One night we were at our favorite restaraunt, The Friendly Dolphin, and saw our fave singer..I always forget his name but he is a great singer/guitar player and is able to wiggle his cowboy hat up and down with his ears. The hub and Pip are obsessed with him.

One night we took a pirate ship cruise. Pip and I were in separate dance contests. Here's her video. You will NEVER see mine. I will now brag about my daughter. Even if the boat was rocking, she still stayed on her feet and shook her little booty. That's my girl!!!




Can't forget watching the 4th of July fireworks on the beach. Yes, they acknowledge our holiday because it draws tourists down. Hunter caught the fireworks behind us..Good job Sweets!



We got to hang out with my father-in-law for part of our trip which is always fun.

We also ran into our friends The Michels and hung out with them for a bit. We don't get to see them often so it's always a great time.

We also had time to visit our family and friends in Arizona before we came home.

Now to bore you with even more pictures!

6 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Awesome photos :)

Swirl Girl said...

totally jealous

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Gorgeous pics!

dani said...

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad your hubby has your "hairy" back, rotflmao!!! seriously, it sounds like so much fun, and i have never had a mango with chili powder, but i'd be more than willing to try it:b
love,
dani

Lisa Petrarca said...

OH...the MANGO's w/Chili, love em'!!

Looks like you guys had tons of fun, don't you wish you were wealthy and could spend a lifetime on vacation?!?

Love the pics, don't feel bad about the security guard, I do the same thing. Finally got my mouth a little more under control (always has a mind of its own), you were sooo good to be so nice!

K, I'm waiting for your dance video...then I'll forward it to "So You Think You Can Dance," you'll be famous...LOL!

Weith Kick said...

I heard that piss also helps with jelly fish stings. Piss on your sting, piss on your sting, piss on your sting.


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites