Sunday, November 9, 2008

Robin Takes Another Dump-Part 2

Driving back home currently. Listening to one of my fave songs, Hard
To Handle, by the Black Crowes on my phone.

The funeral was sad but beautiful. My father-in-law is having a really
hard time poor guy. He was very close to his mom. Again, more on this
on a separate post. Grammie Carrie deserves her own special one.

After everything was over, we went to dinner with our friends Chuck,
Irma and their daughter Marissa at the four of ours favorite
restaraunt, Mastro's. We toasted Grammie Carrie and celebrated C & I's
anniversary. Maybe at some point I'll blog about the time we were
there when a mafia captain and his Don took me away from Paul and
planted me at their table. I'll never forget that. Good times.

Our friends and neighbors, Scott and Lindsay were in Phx this weekend as well for a wedding. She just texted me that they're finally on the road. I texted her to step on it so I can jump in their car with them.

No seriously, I did.

Use Me by Bill Withers is on now. Love it.

Pip is asleep and Hunter is hiding under his jacket playing his PSP.
I'm in the backseat relaxing. Ahhh...at least til Pip wakes up and I
have to turn High School Musical back on. Dumbest movie EVER.

I have something I'm trying not to think about AT ALL. Tough when
you're in a car doing a whole lotta nuthin. Doing well so far but soon
I'm gonna have to squeeze my eyes shut, stick my fingers in my ears
and start yelling 'Lolly Lolly Lolly get your adverbs here!' cuz that
one always works.

Lindsay and I texting back and forth playing secretaries for our
husbands. Even big boys need their playdates apparently.

One good thing about this trip is that saw my baby, Jake. Ok so he's
19 now but still. He looked so handsome...and still growing. His
girlfriend told me she applied at an Apple store. I put the pressure
on her to do nail the interview so I can use her 30% discount to get
my MacBook Air since El Cheapo informed me that a pig must fly over
our house while carrying a singing fat lady then they both must do a
triple somersault into the middle of the pool before we get a new
laptop.

Note to self- Google how to break a laptop beyond repair without it
looking like its been broken beyond repair.

Anyway I got to see my Jakey-Poo. This morning he called to tell me
that he rubbed shoulders with John McCain at church this morning. Yes
we go to the same church as he does. We have for years...at least
before we moved away from Phoenix.The boys' dad guards McCain at
church as well so Jake got to walk him to his car.

Paul just ripped one that was so bad Hunter is dying under his jacket.
And High School Musical is back on. Lucky me. It's Lolly time.

1 comment:

Swirl Girl said...

Distraction sometimes soothes the savage beast...maybe it's all good that you have so much today.


I'm married. I have 3 kids. I have a big nose. Now go on and catch up.

Keep it nice or I'll post your email and make fun of you.

pof5@cox.net


My Life on the D-List

D-List Blogger


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites